Six Ways to Know Your Website Needs a New Look for the New Year
The world runs on the internet, and businesses need a website – it’s essential for providing information, developing leads and driving action for your organization. A website that is attractive and easy to navigate shows your company is modern and in touch with current technology. This helps you represent your brand as one your customers can trust in building a strong digital presence.
Technology is constantly evolving, and the functionality online visitors expect must be present, or else they could end up surfing along to your competitors. Most websites, from small businesses to enterprise organizations, need to be updated every three to four years to keep pace with rapidly-changing best practices.
How can you know when your website needs an update?
So how do you know it’s time to make upgrades to your site? Other than aging to the aforementioned four-year mark or further, the following are indications it’s time for enhancements:
- Flash elements. Animated welcome pages using Flash are outdated by today’s standards. If your website features a splashy Flash screen, it’s time to make modern updates with rich media on your website.
- Difficult or confusing navigation. Visitors will quickly abandon your page if they can’t find the information they need. Your site needs to make it obvious what you’re all about and how to navigate to key information or products in just a few clicks.
- Not mobile-friendly. Most visitors will find your website through their smart phone or mobile device. And if your site isn’t optimized for mobile, your bounce rate will increase.
- Lack of brand recognition. If your brand message has changed since you designed your website, or it’s not 100 percent apparent what products or services you lead with, it’s time to make updates.
- No social involvement. Your digital presence involves not just your website, but also your social media pages. It helps to link it all together by including buttons linking to company social media pages on your website, such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Once your website visitors become social media followers, you also need to maintain a presence on those outlets to keep them engaged.
- Difficult maintenance. Software makes website maintenance easy for those without a design degree. If you have to rely on design experts for minor maintenance, it’s probably time for an upgrade.
Need reliable website development and support in 2019?
If you need to overhaul your website and you’re not sure where to begin, or you just don’t have the time or resources to make updates, it can help to work an expert website support team. The experienced team at RightWorks specializes in Drupal website development support for large businesses and institutions. Contact us today to learn more about how we can grow your digital presence.