The Top Benefits of Trusting PHP for Web Development
If you’re planning for website development, you’ve got a few choices to make – and one of them is which scripting language you’ll use. PHP has developed its spot as a language of choice because it’s free to use and doesn’t require you to buy expensive upgrades. Beyond that, PHP offers multiple advantages. This language has been in use for more than 20 years and has proven reliable. Therefore, it’s a trusted and popular option for web developers worldwide.
Five advantages of PHP for web development
When choosing the language you’ll use for your website, it’s critical to ensure it meets your requirements. Consider all of the following:
- Easy to use. Not a coding pro? PHP is easy to understand and learn, and it bears some similarities to C, Java or Perl. If you’re already familiar with those popular languages, learning PHP is an easy lift.
- Cross-platform functionality. PHP functions on all major operating systems, including Windows, MacOS X and Linux. This platform independence makes it extremely convenient.
- Scalable and efficient. Need to support the growth of your business by expanding your website? PHP is scalable. Plus, since it runs server-side, PHP uses its own memory. This provides a quick loading time and faster processing speed.
- If your website will be handling protected information, have no fear. PHP is one of the most secure languages for web development and application, and helps protect against viruses, hacks and other threats.
- Supportive community. Due to its popularity, PHP is supported by a comprehensive community of users. When you have questions or need to trouble-shoot, you can easily find answers and get support.
- Cost efficient. Since it’s open-source, PHP is available free of charge. You’ll be able to get your site up and running without incurring the costs associated with expensive software.
Need website development or support?
If you’re planning to develop a new website or enhance one that’s current, you may find you don’t have the time or resources to get it done. Though PHP is an easier coding language, it still requires work to learn, which can take your team away from the core business of your company. It can help to work with a skilled team who can get your website up and running – accurately, attractively, and on time. And RightWorks can help!
If you’re in search of web development providers, give us a call! We’ll work with you to understand your digital needs and find a solution that fits what you are looking for.