Learn How Website SEO Drives Business Results
Search engine optimization (SEO) is critical to help consumers find and use your website. It all has to do with search engines and enabling users to find you by appearing at the top of the list in online searches. Most people won’t look beyond the first page of results when they conduct a search—mostly because they feel they can trust the results that appear at the top of the list. SEO helps your website do this, and as a result, build your brand reputation. In a consumer’s mind, if you’re top-of-list, it adds to your credibility.
Work within Google rules
Since Google is the heaviest hitter when it comes to search engine popularity, it’s Google’s rules you should stick to when incorporating SEO into your website design and content. Gone are the days of keyword stuffing—consumers are savvy and look for quality content. You must provide a more organic and seamless experience when incorporating SEO and driving your website to the top of search results.
How to incorporate SEO
Much has changed in the world of SEO over the years, and it helps to understand cutting-edge practices. You can get more hits to your website and garner more new visitors with the following SEO tips:
- Ditch any features that slow your loading times. Pure and simple, slow loading times lead to page abandonment. It’s a frustrating experience that drives people away from your site. Speeds of longer than three seconds are considered too long by most site visitors—so get rid of non-essential elements, such as plug-ins, and declutter your sidebars.
- Link to relevant content. If you can, link to other websites with relevant and authoritative content. This will, in turn, encourage other sites to connect to yours through inbound links. All of this helps improve your SEO.
- Write content for human readers. In the past, SEO demanded content was stuffed with keywords, but this made it unappealing to read. Instead, add value to your content by making it appealing to readers—this will encourage them to stay on your page. You should still add keywords but pepper them in as it makes sense in the context of your content.
- Use page analytics tools. You can incorporate these into your website to determine which efforts are working, and which you can improve.
- Write different meta descriptions. If you’re not familiar, this is the first description users see when scrolling through their search results page. It’s a paragraph of content that appears under each item in the list. If your meta description is enticing, it will help to encourage clicks to your site. Write one for every page.
It’s worth the effort!
It may seem like an extra burden to incorporate SEO, but it’s so critical to the success of your business. If your goal is to gain site visitors and convert them to customers, you really can’t afford NOT to incorporate SEO principles.
Need Drupal website development assistance?
If you’re on board with SEO, but not sure where to get started—let RightWorks help! We’re a website support company and we’ll work with you to develop and maintain a winning website. To learn more, contact us today!