Tune In to These Eight Podcasts at Work
If you’re the type of worker who doesn’t like a quiet workplace and you’re looking for something to tune into, podcasts are a great option for you! Podcasts are also great for the commute to and from work – if you have to burn an hour or more on the train or on the road, that’s a great time to binge some new content. Whether you’re into true crime stories or just want to get caught up on the latest news, there’s a podcast for you.
Killer Podcasts for Work
Podcasts are available on virtually any topic, from true crime to microbrewing. Choose one that can help you get ahead in your job, keep you entertained or maybe shake up your way of thinking. Try any of these on for size:
- How I Built This: This NPR podcast is a favorite go-to if you love nerdy-yet-informative. How I Built This talks to successful entrepreneurs about how they started their businesses and built their success. Past episodes have included interviews with the founders of Larabar, Dyson and Warby Parker.
- Darknet Diaries: Curious about the infamous dark web and what transpires on the other side? Check out this podcast that dives into the world of privacy hacks, data breaches and cybercrime – and get a dose of reality by learning how insecure your information really could be online.
- Stuff You Should Know: How do Tsunamis work? Was there a real King Arthur? This podcast features current events, historical happenings and general musings. You can learn all sorts of useful (and sometimes not so useful) information that helps keep you engaged and entertained.
- The GaryVee Audio Experience: Renowned entrepreneur and social media expert Gary Vaynerchuk provides everything from two-minute pump-up soundbites to two-hour keynote speeches on his podcast channel.
- This is Your LifeTM: Presented by Michael Hyatt, a leadership mentor, This is Your Life helps you put the passion back into your work – and your life. Learn about goal setting, surpassing mental barriers and influencing others!
- Serial: One of the first podcasts to launch the current cultural push of the platform, two seasons of Serial cover a pair of true crime stories that are a must-listen if you haven’t already.
- Beyond the To-Do List. Looking for a little work-life balance? Join the club! Many of us strive to find ways to pay the bills, while also living life to the fullest when we’re off the clock. This podcast shares tips up tips from influential minds across different industries on mindfulness, organization, creativity, time management and much more.
- All Things Considered: Let’s face it—we’re plugged in, connected and reading, reading, reading on a daily basis. But when things get busy at work, you may miss a news headline here or there. And that’s where this Podcast comes in. You can tune in and stay on top of current events happening around the world.
Find More Interesting and Useful Podcasts
If you want to find out about more great podcasts for work, check out sites like Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Soundcloud, TuneIn and iHeart Radio. You never know what you could find!